Friday, May 25, 2012

Dear Riley,

The emergency hospital called with news today. Your *remains* were ready to be picked up.

Oh God Oh God Oh God

I knew this day would be hard. The final nail in the coffin so to speak.

This was it Buddy. You were never coming home to me. Ever. Again.

My best boy, now reduced to ashes in a box. Or in something. I haven't had the heart or nerve to look inside the nice white paper bag they handed me as I signed on the dotted line. "Best to wait for Bird & Mother Hen" I reasoned with myself "so we can pay proper tribute to you being reunited with us in a different form."

Damn you ME and your partner in crime AP. We will never forgive you. Ever.

Why man, why did this have to happen to you? To us? Damn.

It's not your fault Pal, it's not anyone's fault, but I am still so sorry. You were such a good boy, the best, and you can be proud of the dog's work you did here on Earth.

*Head in Hands*

I sure do miss you Ri.

You, as we knew you, will never be back. But we have more then just happy memories now, now we have a physcial symbol that represents your beautiful doggy form to go with the feeling of your presence that has followed us, your Pack, your family, since you were taken away so abrupty.

That is where you will remain. Always. *Right here* holding my hand over my heart.

I'll never forget you Riley.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, tears are running down my face. What a beautiful goodbye to your precious Riley.

    ReplyDelete