Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pushing on This, Pulling on That

Something has to give.

It has been five months since I felt I had no choice but to take my daughter's dad in, and I am happy I had a basement to put him. But he has absolutely no source of income and $200 in food stamps a month just does not cut it when he is here using electricity all day and can eat more then my growing teenagers. Scrimping and scrapping to get by until the next paycheck is just plain getting old. Particularly since I make a decent salary. Granted he does keep my kitchen clean and is here with Riley when I am at work, but this is not my life.

So today I ask him (again) about the Compass Center which is a place that takes care of homeless vets and gets them set up in low income housing. (Thankfully my wonderful GF has provided him with these resources including the medical attention he is now getting at the VA).

He stares at me blankly then stutters "that's mostly for housing"

Um, hello!

"Exactly. You don't live here and you can't keep staying here month after month. This was suppose to be temporary."

So uncomfortable. But what choice do I have? If he had been doing what he should have been doing all this time, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's time I started taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment