Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Tricks We Play On Ourselves

It's funny. Things don't work out and everyone moves on. If you're me, and maybe this is everyone, I don't know, you have it in your mind that your ex becomes perfect in her new life. That none of the problems she had in your life exist anymore, her new partner can do no wrong, and her new family is perfect in every way.

Even when you know its bullshit, somehow, you have yourself convinced. So, if your me, you then wonder, "what's wrong with me? Why couldn't she be that way for me?"

But she's not that way. Not now. Not with anyone. She still has the same issues, the same problems, the same idiosyncrasies, the same drama, the same insane compulsions, the same ... everything. And all new ones based on new dynamics, new exchanges, new differences.

But still, you wonder.

2 comments:

  1. And after you're done thinking all those things, you remind yourself that she's now someone else's problem, someone else's drama, someone else's issue. I'm shocked she's already in a new family. Ridiculous. I'm glad you're happy in your new relationship. You do, and always did, deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With as many disagreements we had about her trying to parent Chloe, I am actually quite shocked she got with someone with one kid much less four + a grand. Nuts. Who needs all that? ALREADY? Certainly not me but then I actually use the brain in my big head. *Shrug* I'm having fun and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete