Monday, May 7, 2012

On The Plus Side, We're Reducing Our Carbon Footprint

I miss the dog parks. There are a handful close by that we would always alternate between, sometimes hitting two different ones a day. Unfortunately MegaE has changed our exercise routine, seeing as any dog being walked that we pass in the car, results in Riley barking. Barking = Automatic Regurge. No questions asked.

So now I walk them on the leash. Around the neighborhood. It's quiet, and certainly convenient but also getting rather dull. Needless to say, we will have to start venturing further, sans Miss. With my hand burned, it has been challenging enough, but at least we went in a predictable circle and if she spotted a squirrel, I simply let go of her leash. Regardless, we were never far from home.

I did get a mesh muzzle for Riley, figuring on using it in the car to keep him from barking, as well as when he roamed the backyard unaccompanied - to keep him from eating anything. But my fear has been that he will bark anyway, then choke on the regurge.

Meanwhile, I am going to start graphing his episodes, to see if I can determine some sort of pattern. As I tell my GF often, he has good days and bad days. Sure, I am journaling everything but seeing it on a graph may better assist me in my endless endeavour to figure this bloody disease out.

No comments:

Post a Comment